Information for the second hand looms. Please note the following differences:
- Ready assembled! No hammering and headaches building the loom.
- It does not come with the cardboard warp sticks. You could use brown paper instead.
- They have hardly been used and so are in excellent condition. They work perfectly.
- Yes there are still 320 heddles, ready set-up (this takes a long time!). (Please ignore the fact that some photos may show more heddles than this).
- This loom does not come with shuttles.
- Please note the matching raddle kit and extra backbeam are currently in the sale.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions and I can send some photos of the specific loom you would receive.
- Collection only, from Loughborough.
Information when bought new:
Portable multishaft weaving
– overhead beater for best weaving shed
– castle folds flat for easy transport
Popular because they are portable, easy to use and so versatile, the Ashford table looms are in demand with both beginner and experienced weavers.
The eight shaft looms fold flat, even with your weaving in place, making them ideal for taking to workshops or guild meetings. The overhead beater, with automatic bounce back, gives a wonderful shed and even beating. Levers are within easy reach for comfortable weaving. Each shaft can be lifted simply and quickly and is independent enabling a wide variety of patterns to be woven. The solid Silver Beech hard wood is lacquered for long-lasting good looks. Non-slip rubber feet give extra stability. Swedish stainless steel reed and lightweight Texsolv heddles are included. Plus there are a wide range of options and accessories available.
Stainless steel reed 10dpi (40/10cm)
Weight from 9kg (20lbs)
Swedish Texsolv heddles
40cm (16ins) – 320 heddles
Cross and warp sticks, reed, heddle hooks, two shuttles and Learn to weave on the table loom booklet.